Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beginning the Blog

This whole blog thing is new for me.  I'm never sure if what I have to say will be valuable to anyone else, hence the name Random Ramblings.  I'm in a school with a one to one MacBook program, and we have been encouraged to share new ideas, so I'm giving it a try.

Let's start with a little about me.  This is my 15th year teaching.  I started in public school, teaching the same subject 7 times a day to freshmen.  Now, I am in a Christian school, where I teach 8th Grade Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics, and Yearbook.  Over the eleven years I have been here, I have also taught Algebra I, 9th Grade Health, 7th Grade Health, and Photography.  I like to think of myself as well rounded, so this has been fun.

Two years ago, we took on the challenge of the one to one MacBook program.  I will refer to this as E4 from now on because it is easier.  E4 stands for "Embrace technology to Engage and Empower students to Excel as lifelong learners."  I was on the committee that wrote that sentence.  It took an hour, so enjoy it.  Because other school are now taking on similar programs, I want to use this blog to share resources, ideas, lesson plans, or games.  Some of them will be more tech based than others because I do believe something still work better old school (yes, the pun was intended).

I do not intend to post daily.  I was never good at keeping a diary.  I will post when I feel I have something valuable to contribute to the blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Change, Loss, and Why Your Brain Hates It

According to recent surveys, the most common sources of stress include divorce, the death of a loved one, job loss, marriage, retirement, ha...