Thursday, May 28, 2015

Shout Outs

It is a tradition on our campus to give shout outs to each other at our last meeting.  This is such a great way to end the year, especially if the year has been stressful.  I didn't want to take over the entire meeting today, but I have lots of shout outs I want to share for people on both our campuses.

Sean Blesh - I know I have referenced you a lot on this blog, but it is my last chance.  Thanks for coming in and making us all better teachers.


Diane Scro - There is no way to adequately say what you have meant to me a a friend and a colleague and a mentor.  You took us from pencils to clouds in a very short time.

Elizabeth Walters - You are my friend, my shoulder, and my source of entertainment, not to mention the person who turns our walls into a gallery.  What you are able to get out of our kids is nothing short of amazing.

Katherine Barton - My mom is still talking about how great the strings group was and how adorable you are.  Thanks for making a hard thing, like playing the violin, such a fun experience for our kids.

Blue Pod (and Meagan Stone - we really need a fifth room) -  You have kept me sane, let me vent, given support (and when it was needed, truth).  We are the best pod, no matter what those girls in the gallery think.

Willa Bea Coates - You put up with a lot from all of us.  Thanks for always helping.

Cathy Cole - Wow, you make us look good.  You are always thinking and coming up with new ways to help.  The fact that you handle open house is reason enough for a shout out because people say some very dumb things. 

LEAP department (This includes you, Marion) - Some of our kids would not believe they were capable if it weren't for you ladies.  Thanks for helping our kids discover what they are good at and being a safe place for them.  Thanks for also giving them a dose of truth when they need it.

Vivian Edwards and Beth German - Thanks for making sure we get paid, even when it means you have to do work when everyone else is one break.

Mandy Gill - You are unflappable.  I don't know how you finished the year after the brick was dropped on your head.  You are THE most supportive administrator I have ever worked for.

Melissa Hendges and Pat Trussell - I could not identify all the elementary kids without your help.  You help us reach the goal of 100% coverage.

Ben Inman - Sometimes, I think you and I are the only sane ones (and I'm not always sure about me).

Laura Jacobs, Daniel Servi, and Jonah Bookman - You guys fell in and immediately became part of the family.  It's like your were always here.

Amanda McLain, Ellen Kaehler, and Kirsten Wray - We don't see you very often, but we are amazed by what you do.

Sharon Martin and Megan Yabani- Thanks for making sure I get pictures from your side of the world.  Third grade and first grade always one of the best and first to reach full coverage.

David and Tonya Taylor - I know it wasn't your idea, but thank you for coming back to America.  I missed you, and you are such amazing mentors for the girls basketball team.

Kathie Thompson - How you keep all the plates spinning, I will never know.  In addition to everything you do at GRACE, you plan a camp for foster kids (and that takes all year). 

Laura Warmke - Your leadership with tech and the depth of thought you put into EVERYTHING is astounding.  You made the library cool.  Your creativity is off the charts.

Isaiah Whelpley - You are intentional about everything you do.  You are even intentional about making sure you are intentional.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Beth for your incredible passion for teaching science. Perhaps if my middle and high school science teachers had been more like you, I might have taken a science class in college! Thank you also for your incredible inventory of yearbook pictures that allow me to promote our school with fabulous pictures of events that really happened. I am blessed to work with amazing people and wholeheartedly agree with your comments above.

    ReplyDelete

Who Knew I Loved Kickboxing? A Tribute to Matt and His Class

I joined the YMCA on March 1, 2023.  I tried a number of different types of classes.  I liked indoor cycling, but yoga wasn't for me.  I...