Thursday, November 10, 2016

Why Are You Reading? You Know.

According to Blogger's statistics, I topped fifteen thousand pageviews today.  The statistics show me what posts people have read and what countries readers are from.  I can even find out if you are Mac or Windows people.

What I can't find out from google is why you are reading.  When I started this blog three years ago, I did so for my own reflection.  It was like keeping a journal that anyone was allowed to read.  I wasn't really sure who would read my thoughts or why anyone would want to.  As I have scrolled through the 145 previous posts, I have seen a variety of topics - everything from what teachers do to prepare for the first day of school to thoughts on student community service, from blood donation to the role of curiosity in learning.  Why do you care what I think about these things?  Only you know.

Perhaps you are a new teacher seeking out the perspective of an experienced teacher.  If so, I hope I've been able to provide insight to help you with your year.  Perhaps you are a student who wonders why teachers make the decisions they do.  If so, I hope you see that we don't make decisions lightly, that we have intent behind our assignments, and that we have your best interests at heart.  Perhaps you are a parent who wonders what your child's teachers are thinking.  If so, I hope you have found that we are serious professionals that you can trust with your child's learning.

I will keep writing, and I hope you will be able to gain something from the time you spend reading.


1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your blog since you tweeted the link at the ACSI ConNexus 2015. You so well covered the sessions I felt I was there. Our school didn't attend that year. And I have read a couple of times a month to stay up. So often your words echo my thoughts but much better in print! I teach math in an ACSI high school in IL. And now we are going through the accreditation process too. I do read a lot of math teacher blogs. So thank you for sharing and helping with the Biblical focus on teaching as a ministry!

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete

Change, Loss, and Why Your Brain Hates It

According to recent surveys, the most common sources of stress include divorce, the death of a loved one, job loss, marriage, retirement, ha...